In recent years, industrial production has seen continuous increases in energy costs, forcing all manufacturing companies to pay more and more attention to the containment of these consumptions.
Since long time COMI drives the design of its machinery taking this requirement into consideration, implementing solutions that go towards the reduction of energy consumption.
Some solutions that allow significant energy savings used in the production of COMI thermoforming machines are:
- optimization of the thermoforming processes, which allows the reduction of the thickness of the sheets
- the generation of vacuum through venturi, replacing the traditional pumps in continuous operation
- axes compensation by pneumatic systems, which limits the use of the motor only to positioning operations
While for the production of presses are:
- the use of servo-pumps that consume only the energy actually used, and allow the oil not to undergo overheating that generates additional energy consumption for its cooling
- the use of highly efficient electric motors, which in addition to reducing electrical absorption also reduces noise.
The business production and management model called “Industry 4.0” is based mainly on three elements:
- the connection between physical (machinery) and digital (Internet) systems, which allows all relevant information to be available in real time
- the development of complex analyzes, through information (Big Data) obtained from the Network
- the identification of real-time adjustments, which makes possible a more flexible management of the production cycle.
COMI already produces interconnected machinery, quickly programmable and equipped with artificial intelligence, making available to its customers these enabling technologies to capture important benefits including:
- greater flexibility, through the production of small volumes at large-scale costs
- greater productivity, through reduced set-up times
- reduction of errors and downtime, through Edge Computing solutions for monitoring and detection of malfunctions
- better quality and less waste by sensors that monitor production in real time.