In collaboration with the Research and Development department of its customers, COMI designs and manufactures high-automation working units for drilling, cutting and milling plastic parts reinforced by foams.
This working unit has been designed to realize the perimeter cut, the holes and internal pockets of the previously thermoformed and reinforced piece, but its configuration also allows to perform milling operations.
Robot & software
- 6-axis anthropomorphic robots, in number and size suitable for the required productivity
- Mounted on fixed platforms
- Robot control unit
- Software for programming the robot.
COMI is able to provide turn-key working units which integrate systems and equipment such as:
- Automatic identification and blocking systems for parts
- Molds designed according to customer drawings and completely made in Italy
- Filtration systems of dusts generated by milling / cutting operations
- CAM software for workpiece machining.
The structure of the machine guarantees maximum operator safety:
- Integral cabin completely closed by perimeter walls and steel roof
- Layer of sound-absorbent material and internal coating, optionally added to comply with the noise limits required by the operator’s acoustic exposure regulations
- Automatically operated doors and side access doors
- Protection of the working area outside the cell with light curtains.
The project is customized to promote high accessibility and flexibility in the management of workpieces:
- Twin Shuttle system with passing tables mounted on trolleys, independently operated to allow the loading / unloading of the pieces in masked time (pendular cycle) or jointly
- System with fixed tables, with the possibility of transversal translation inside the cell in the case of pieces higher than the robot arm
- Pumps for vacuum application aimed at clamping the pieces on the templates.
Cutting oprating unit
The machine is equipped with several operating units consisting of:
- Electro-spindle with automatic tool change
- Tool magazine with 8 or more positions, equipped with tool holders and clamps
- “Tool setter” device for measuring the tool and system for aligning the rotary axes A and C.